- Birdwood Pivot and Lateral Move Irrigation Development
Birdwood is a property of 2,214 hectares originally developed to grow rice, located in the middle of one of the highest rice production regions of the southern hemisphere; Deniliquin. The recent shortage of water availability motivated the new property owner to rethink the type of cropping enterprise and irrigation methodology. Centre Pivot and Lateral Move irrigators, along with effective rain run-off capture drainage systems, were the solution to growing winter crops to make the farm viable. The entire development was delivered and project managed for 821 hectares of overhead irrigation.
- Survey and design of the farm plan.
- Negotiating the amalgamation of 2 adjacent land holdings with MIL.
- Negotiating the complex bore water license purchase from the NSW Department of Water & Energy.
- Drilling of a 200m deep irrigation bore, to pump 10 ML/day.
- Negotiating land clearing with CMA and MIL.
- Coordinating earthworks involving 14.6km of open air channel, 20.1km of primary and secondary drains, 400 ML earth dam, and access track.
- Supply and installation of 2 Centre Pivots (365m and 400m radius), and 2 Lateral Moves (950m and 1100m width).
- Paddock fencing and installation of a cattle trough network.
- Organising funding application claims.